To strive each day to provide an environment in which everyone's efforts are valued and achievement is appropriate to the learner.
To create a happy, secure and stimulating learning environment, based on Christian values, in which all members of the school community can grow in self-esteem and develop their full potential.
We want to raise standards in a meaningful way by:
- Encouraging pupils to develop in spiritual and religious awareness and knowledge through daily collective worship, religious education and the overall Christian ethos of the school.
- Enhancing learning by appreciating that skills and knowledge acquisition, sense of achievement and enjoyment all have a place in school.
- Encouraging children to fearlessly try new experiences.
- Having the confidence to attempt new work and learn from mistakes.
- Encouraging a liking of school.
- Realizing the potential of pupils in a happy, safe and caring environment, where they are encouraged to try.
- Creating an atmosphere in which the accomplishments of individuals and the group are celebrated.
- Encouraging children to be faithful to themselves, to their beliefs and to their responsibilities.
- Encouraging the children to be self motivated.
- Working with, in and for the local community.
- Ensuring appropriate learning experiences are made available to all children, regardless of individual circumstances and abilities.
- Working in close co-operation with all parents in the education and development of their children, keeping them informed at all times.
- Enabling all staff to receive the fullest support and training appropriate to their development and the needs of the school.
- Encouraging members of the school community to respect the opinions, beliefs and feelings of others.