About Our School

Trenode School is situated near the villages of Widegates and Morval. We are a small village school in a beautiful rural location. Trenode is a Church of England School, with close links to the church of St Wenna in Morval.
 
Trenode was first built in 1872, and was both a school room and a church. This original building is now the school hall, small but perfectly formed. At the end of the hall is the stained glass window that forms the school logo. A new school room was added in the 1950's but the school was really brought up to date in 1998 with the addition of two further classrooms and indoor toilets. A new staffroom and learning base was added in 2005. Class 1 benefits from having decking out from the classroom with a canopy overhead to make outdoor play sheltered.
 
 

Our outside areas

The area to the rear of the school has fabulous views over the beautiful South East Cornwall landscape with the hills of Dartmoor in the background. 

Large playing field - we use this for all types of sports. There is plenty of room for football and athletics.   During the drier weather the children get to play on the field during morning playtimes and at lunchtime.